Staff suffering from the winter blues? Here are a few tips to get them smiling.
#hr #teams #business #healthyworkplaces
1) Encourage them to use their annual leave: Ok, they may have just had a Christmas break, but it’s amazing what a bit of winter sun can do for morale.
2) Allow flexible working: Getting to and from work in the dark can be a real downer, so if anyone is suffering from seasonal depression it’s a good idea to consider changing their working hours or allowing them to work from home some of the time.
3) Get them moving: Exercise is a great mood-booster, so think about some lunchtime aerobics sessions or encourage walks around the block.
4) Organise a team activity: People are more likely to fall out when it’s wet and dark outside, so organise some fun team events to get everyone motivated.
5) Spontaneously bring in some treats: It’s amazing what a Kit-Kat can do to raise morale, so say thank you for their hard work with some treats. If you’re encouraging a healthy workplace, a nicely presented fruit basket can also do the trick.