I don’t want to scare you. But forewarned is forearmed. So on this occasion I’m going to. Just a little bit.
The last few days I’ve been reading some scary stats about cyber security attacks on UK businesses.
Ready to hear them?
Get this face ready: 😲
Here we go…
- There are around 65,000 attempts every day to hack into businesses in the UK
- 4,500 a day are successful (scary)
- 37% of UK companies have reported a data breach to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the last 12 months
- 44% of people say they’d stop spending with a business after a security breach
- 33% of UK businesses say they’ve lost business after a data breach
- YET… only 31% of UK businesses have done a cyber security risk assessment this year. Go figure
What could this mean for your business? Are you taking the necessary steps to protect your data from a security breach?
Shall we do a data security review? There’s not a lot of work for you personally to do.