As a business owner, you get this from your team now and again. Sometimes it’s expected; sometimes it’s out of the blue. Frankly, it’s annoying.
One of the things you must consider when anyone leaves, is how to make sure your business’s data is fully protected.
Of course, you should take this case by case. But there will usually be some instances where you wouldn’t trust someone not to try and take some company data when they leave.
For this reason, it’s vital to have a plan of action which includes:
- Removing their access to email
- Disabling access to all their apps and software
- Taking a backup of all data and archiving it
- Only giving your people access to the files they need to use in the first place
- Removing access to cloud-based apps on their personal devices
- Disabling any company owned devices
We’re always here to help and give advice. Would you like us to review the plan for when someone leaves your business?